User Experience Designer
Experience: 1 - 5 Years Experience
Paper Plane is looking for a self–driven User Experience Designer for our Mumbai office, who can bridge the gap between the design and engineering team to deliver pixel perfect rich user interfaces and interactions.
Design Research :
- Create/Understand/Refine a client brief before conceptualizing your design solution.
- Obtain client/market research data through customer visits, user interview, Questionnaires, analytics and other reporting mechanisms.
- Analyze user research data to understand user needs/frustrations, develop interaction models, communication systems, user personas & audience segments, storyboards, scenarios and tasks.
- Work with User Experience Analysts and other team members to conduct workshops (with clients & users) to understand business objectives & user needs.
- Analyze competitor strategies to help customers adapt and evolve existing marketing strategies.
- Conduct online research & benchmarking studies and engage in regular evaluations to build knowledge pools that can be leveraged by various teams.
- Gain and communicate knowledge of online trends and persuasion techniques.
Design Conceptualization & User Experience [UX]:
- Identify UX issues and provide solid UX recommendations.
- Visualize information architectures, create interaction models & define task flows.
- Create or support, Ideate and present design ideas & concepts through one, or more, medium depending on the project needs and maturity of the client. These could include presenting design mock-ups, storyboards, wire frames, prototypes, interaction models, or a product walk-through to internal teams or clients for feedback / approvals.
- Work with Usability and UX analysts to define wireframes and interactions guidelines for User Interfaces for both, web and mobile devices.
- Create unique identities for mobile devices exploring new approaches especially- 'Mobile First'.
- Provide a high quality visual design layer for defined wireframes keeping in mind grids and responsive design requirements/standards.
- Define highly aesthetic site styles and imagery, including page layout (screen schematics) and interactions (user paths).
- Communicate your design/interaction needs via annotations and guidelines documented as part of the design process so they can be used by the development team as they build out your designs.
- Understand responsive design needs and champion the implementation of responsive designs with your development team, at times, with client teams.
- Document your deliverables to hand-over to client development team, or internal production team with specific design guidelines/ style sheets for execution.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Academically qualified in Interaction Design, HCI or related design field.
- Minimum of 1 - 5 years experience in user experience design or application interface development.
- A Black-Belt in Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, In-Design, and also be capable in HTML and CSS, and full knowledge of their capabilities and limitations.
- Up-to-date with latest developments in User Interface design best practices.
- Expertise in commonly used User Experience patterns, methodologies concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience in designing useful, usable, accessible, branded and visually appealing user interfaces.
- Experience in being involved in user-centric design methodologies across large projects.
- Comfortable working in a Mac environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail and quality is a must.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively to bring projects to completion.
- Proactively research & learn new, or re-emerging front-end technologies [capabilities] that facilitate improved user experience.
Thank you for choosing to further your career atPaper Plane
We will get back to you within 5 working days during which time we will review your application and portfolio. If you have not included links to your portfolio, then please send us another mail with these details. Looking forward to interacting with you.
Oops! there is some problem with server.
The redesigned interface that Paper Plane created for us had a very positive impact on the usability of the application and, by extension, on our clients.
Biji Joseph, HDFC Securities
Read on ›
Why work with us?
Reason #5: Your tech partner can't hide the nuts and bolts!
Let us give your app a face lift. We'll fit into your dev cycle and give your product a spanking new front-end.
More Reasons ›
Like what you see?
Drop us a line and we'll get back to you straight away. We usually kick things off with a creative brief that we will send your way.
Tell us about your project ›