We need you, if you
- Can convince us of your love in programming and impress us by demonstrating with real time projects you build.
- Churn out quality code quickly, efficiently and by following good programming practices.
- Own what you code; own the product - even the bugs you create.
- Are thrilled at the prospect of creating innovative software products & applications,with a global reach.
- Come to work with a passion to learn and build something that you are proud of.
- Aspire for excellence and are not satisfied with just being good enough.
- You care for User experience and have a good eye for design.
If this is you, then we want you to board, Paper Plane.
- Work with product owners and clients to understand the business and help us develop a great user experience. If you think that something could be done better, tell us!
- Be an active member of a highly Agile team and co-ordinate with your teammates to get things done.
- Take ownership of the codebase and help us in improving the quality, performance and stability of the same.
- Contribute to peer reviewing code.
- Build well-designed software in a way that is generic, reusable, and easily extensible.
- Work with design wireframes and convert them into working code with a high focus on usability.
- Developing and implementing strong algorithms/techniques for solving problems in a high-volume, high-availability environment.
- Extensive hands on experience with developing end-to-end web applications.
- A solid understanding of how the web works − REST, Web Security, Traditional Web Pages and SPAs.
- Experience using browser APIs and the DOM. Converting designs into working code should be second nature to you.
- A strong understanding of relational databases and data modelling is a huge advantage.
- A keen eye for identifying performance bottlenecks and preventing them pre-emptively.
- Ability to work in an environment of perfection and compliance to web standards and high design quality benchmarks.
- Possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skill, with the ability to translate your solutions to code.
- A solid understanding of Git or equivalent version control systems − with experience in branch and merge as well as pull requests.
- Ability to write good, useful unit tests. Experience with integration testing is a bonus.
- Ability to identify bottlenecks in design and provide feedback on usability. Familiarity with UI patterns help.
- Excellent understanding of web standards and cross-browser compatibilities.
- Self-driven and passionate about software development.
These are the technologies that we use and love − tell us if you have hands on experience in most of them and we'll fast track your application.
Also, feel free to send us your open source work, source code snippets, projects you've developed, your contributions to public forums. We'd love to take a look.